Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A Story Captured~Blue Fern Studio's Tranquility Collection Layout


For my second, Blue Fern Studios project this month, I wanted to create something with a bit more of a grunge feel to it. I love playing with color and inks, and sometimes like to challenge myself to create without using flowers or the more feminine embellishments that most work that I see contains. It challenges me to step outside the box and to be more creative, and I love that the Blue Fern products allow me to still create something amazing and visually stimulating without having to grab a package of flowers, or any fluff.


I started with a layer of Blue Fern Tranquility~Calm Paper,  and then layered on a second layer of Blue Fern Tranquility~Patience Paper, tearing the right side, and heavily inking that edge, then layered on a 3rd layer of Blue Fern Tranquility Serenity Paper, that I distressed and inked the edges on, and then tore and heavily inked the right side edge, layering it over the 2nd layer, so that the 2nd layer so that it peeked out, then layered in some film strip transparencies. I then used texture paste and a stencil to create the raised texture on the paper, spraying it with 3 different layers of spray stain to capture the colors I used in the layout.


I created a background layer by taking corrugated cardboard and spraying it with 3 different layers of spray stain, and then inking the edges. I grabbed a Blue Fern Grunge Frame,

and first stained it with a brown color, then used a clear embossing ink dabber randomly, added coated it with Imagine Ink Seven Seas Embossing Powder, and heat set it, then randomly dabbed with the clear ink again, coated it with Imagine Ink Peackock Embossing Powder, heat set it and then inked back over the whole piece. I then distressed and inked the edges of my photo and added it on.




The clock pieces are Blue Fern Small Roman Clocks that I stained and layered in.



Here you can see all the dimension of all the layering in that I did with the gorgeous Blue Fern papers and embellishments.




The "Story" piece o my layout is a chipboard piece from the Blue Fern~Story, Fairytale, Magic Set. For this piece I inked it in 2 different colors, randomly dabbed it with an embossing ink dabber and then coated it with Imagine Ink Copper Embossing Powder, and heat set it~YUM!!



For the finishing touches I rolled some of the paper scraps and tied them with burlap string bows, added some More of the film strips, a paper button and some metal accents. I just love those blues and browns in the Tranquility line, so bold and so perfectly grungy!!

Here is to creativity and ink stained hands!! Hugs ~Renea

Blue Fern Studios Supply List:
Paper:
Tranquility~Patience
Tranquility~Calm
Tranquility~Serenity

Chipboard:
Small Roman Clocks
Grunge Frame
Story, Fairytale, Magic Set

Imagine Ink:
Seven Seas Embossing Powder
Peacock Embossing Powder
Copper Embossing Powder


No comments: