Sunday, November 6, 2016

Blue Fern Memoires Makes Creating A Pocket Journal A Snap~

 For my 3rd Blue Fern Studios November project, I have a Vintage~Romantic style Pocket Journal to share with you. I used the new Memoires Paper Collection for this project and I just love how those gorgeous papers with the Calling Card Pieces make putting together a piece like this a snap!!


I started with a Sewn Pocket Folder Base, and then layered on Memoires Chronicle Paper on the front and back. Cut out some sentiments from the Calling Cards Paper and clipped them to the top.


I then took a Blue Fern Studios Looped Frame Chipboard (I used the medium from the Set), and heat embossed it with Imagine Ink Garnet Embossing Powder, randomly dabbed it with a clear embossing ink dabber and heat embossed those areas with Imagine Ink Pearl Embossing Powder.
I then cut out some Memoires Grand Sequel Paper and backed the frame with that, adding inked corrugated board and topping that with my Vintage Image.


I added scalloped lace to the bottom, fussy cut out the typewriter and bird image from the papers and added that with foam tape for a dimensional effect. I then topped the image with some flowers along with a Attic Charm Daisy.




I fussy cut the little bird in the pocket watch from the Memoires Calling Cards Paper, punched a hole and added a metal chain with link and topped the piece with some more mini roses. I atatched the piece with Velcro so that it can be removed and one can journal or add a small photo to the back.



Here you can see all the tuck ins that I created with the Memoires  Papers and Calling Cards, that can be used for journaling and small photos as well. The pieces include:
2-Large tags topped with lace, hand dyed seam binding bows and timeless buttons
2-Medium Pull Outs topped with hand dyed seam binding bows and mini roses
3-Smaller pull outs
2-small "tickets"



And here is the back side.

I hope that you have found some inspiration from my November Projects and that you get a chance to grab some of those gorgeous Blue Fern Products and join in on the November Challenge!! Thanks for the visit!! Hugs ~Renea

 Blue Fern Studios Supply List:

Memoires Paper Collection:
Chronicles
Grand Sequel
Calling Cards

Chipboard:
Looped Frames (Medium Frame)

Imagine Ink:
Garnet Embossing Powder
Pearl Embossing Powder

Flowers:
Attic Charm Daisies




2 comments:

48SevenTime said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the colors you use...you have a very unique sense of color...I know I've said that more than once, but it's true! I'm always surprised with your beautiful color combos.

Caty said...

That all just WONDERFUL !! Love the papers, the colours, all details, gorgeous !! I wish you a very happy day, big hugs. Caty