Monday, December 5, 2016

December~A Vintage Christmas Layout With Blue Fern Studios

For my second Blue Fern Studios December Project, I have a Vintage Christmas Layout that I created with the Vintage Christmas Paper Collection:


I took a layer of  Wonderland Paper, and I created an angled cut and then did some lacing,


with seam binding and created a large bow that I topped with a mulberry paper flower.


I then did some stenciling with texture paste to create a frosty, textural Winter look.


I then ran some lace up the side, took a Blue Fern Ruth's Doily Chipboard Piece and stipple painted it with some gesso, and added my Vintage photo which is one that I recolored and added some angel wings to.


I created a flower layer using a mulberry paper flower that I sprayed with fake snow, a Blue Fern Christmas Bloom and a Soft Blossom. I took a little bottle brush wreath, added a bow and some beads and added that to the floral layer. The handcrafted butterflies are some of my Sweet Pea Glitter Glass Butterflies.



I used a 2nd sheet of the Wonderland Paper, and cut out the tree and the top rose piece and added those onto my layout with foam tape to make the design pop. I then painted the tree with sand texture paste, added some glitter glass and beads to "decorate" it. I added more flowers to the top cut out piece as well.




Here I have a side view that shows all the texture and dimension of all the technique and layering work.

I just love a Vintage Christmas look and Blue Fern Products make it easy to capture that look and add in all the perfect details!! I hope you are getting to enjoy some Holiday Crafting, staying inside and warm!! Hugs ~Renea

No comments: